PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Through the direction of the Facility Manager the Aftermarket Service Engineer provides administrative and technical support for the aftermarket service operations. Primary responsibilities for this position include assisting in the evaluation and assessment of products for repairs, developing a failure analyses program, and assist in maintaining close and frequent communication with engineering, field service, and customers on as found condition and potential improvements in pump operation.
JOB DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Issue RMA and other related documentation to customer to initiate the return of a pump for the repair process.
- Complete receipt inspection reports and develop scopes of work for repair of pump
- Develop and maintain failure analysis program and conduct failure analysis when required for returned pumps
- Assist in the determinization of the repair methods and develop cost
- Interface with product engineering as required when developing scope of work, failure analysis, and repair methods
- Interface with Field Service as required and provide repair operations and methods support
- Prepare customer quotation packages in Epicor ERP system including service reports, pictures of as-found conditions, documentation and provide recommendations for spare parts and product
- Assist Aftermarket Service Manager as needed in maintaining regular customer contact with review of quotations, obtaining approvals to proceed and providing status updates.
- Assist Aftermarket Service Manager as needed in customer relationship management for aftermarket service business and integrate individual customer requirements into Epicor customer master record for consistency across plants.
- Assist in production and materials planning functions for repair orders.
- Assist in developing standard repair procedures, methods and work instructions for the TSUA repair network
- Review and respond to customer concerns pertaining to repair and service
- Interface with all TUSA repair facilities to develop common procedures, methods, processes and
- Travel to local customer sites to assist field support team with field assessments and repairs at the direction of the Facility Manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience with high pressure electric pumps or similar experience
- Experience with canned motor pumps (preferred)
- Working knowledge of an ERP system, Microsoft Office products, and data entry skills is
The candidate for this position must be an effective communicator across all company disciplines, be capable of working effectively in urgent/critical situations, possess strong customer service skills and be well organized. Position requires a person that can work successfully with minimal supervision who possesses the ability to interpret engineering drawings and solve practical problems in the manufacturing process. Occasional travel in this position is expected–facility visits, customer visits.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, walk, smell, and climb or balance. May utilize a lifting device as required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to navigate facility.This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under national or local law.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.